A day begins…
The sound of motos, rick-shaws, tuk-tuks and cars break the early morning silence. Local vendors call out, some sing, some use little squeaky toys to grab the attention of potential customers as they pull their carts down the street.
The amazing smells from neighboring homes, restaurants and sidewalk vendors mixed with the scent of small piles of trash still burning from the previous nights clean up, create the rich, warm smell that is Cambodia.
And in the midst of the hustle and bustle of the city coming awake…
a rooster crows.
- Sense of WonderWe recently were treated with a renewed, awestruck perception for the Kingdom of Wonder…
- Trust in His PlansI don’t know what is worse: two moto accidents so far or broken bones in every country I’ve lived in. Either way, I know I can trust My Father in everything…
- Inspired: A husband’s perspectiveAge is only a number. It doesn’t need to stop you from your callings. You are not too old nor too young for God’s plan for you. Be inspired and know that He has a calling for you, regardless of age.
- The Invasion of the Kittens ™ Anyone who knows my wife, Jeanine, knows her love of animals. At any given time, you can find at least two pets in our household. Sometimes even more. And she likes to mix it up with the type of animals we have. Always a dog, frequently a rodent (our hedgehog qualifies in this category), sometimes… Read more: The Invasion of the Kittens ™
- Mom and Dad Gooch in CambodiaIn late September, Mike’s parents came to visit in Cambodia. This was a fantastic treat for us. They braved the long trek to the other side of the world, navigating endless plane rides and long layovers in random airports. They arrived just in time for a typhoon to come thru the country brining consistent downpour… Read more: Mom and Dad Gooch in Cambodia
- December 2023
- May 2023
- March 2023
- February 2023
- October 2022
- September 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- March 2022
- December 2021
- October 2021
- June 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- September 2020
See updates from our previous adventures from where God has sent us before:
A Call To Serve
Mike and Jeanine Gooch returned from a mission trip in South Africa to start a new ministry: caring for Jeanine’s elderly parents. Follow their accomplishments, struggles, and adventures of their call to serve in New England through their stories here.
“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed your, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.” -Matt 25:37-40